What is shamanism?
Shamanism is an ancient healing tradition and a way of life that connects us deeply to nature, the elements and intuition. It was first born in Siberia and since then has been used to describe the practices of indigineous cultures worldwide. A shaman is a healer that works with the elements and nature to bring the body, heart and mind into balance.
We will work with shamanic practices as past by our elders and the initiatic traditions.
What Shamanic practices will we learn?
- We will open the four directions daily. In most indigenous cultures throughout the globe, this practice is used to set intentions, connect to the elements, air, fire, water, earth, invite benevolent energy to join the circle as well as inviting ancient knowledge and wisdom of the guardians of each direction.
- Connect to the elements daily for purification, protection and prayer. For example – infusing the water with intention before we drink it.
- Recalling our dreams.
- Recalling the day before rest.
- Deep listening to synchronicity and nature as our intentions get answered
- We will purify daily through diet, yoga, meditation, being with the earth, cosmos and fire.